Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pots, pots, and more pots. I think I have an addiction.

     Okay, I am going to show you my pot collection...lol. I can't resist a pot with great bones and that can lead to look like I am a hoarder of pots. Here is some of my ladies with great bones, but ohhhh, the colors are not so pretty, well, just not in my color scheme anyway.

I will be painting them to look old and match with my color decor.


This pot is about the size of a gallon of milk with the word vanilla indented on the front.
 What I don't like about it is the painted flower on the front of the pot. Salvation Army find $3.00
                                                                               

This large beauty has nice big double handles that curl under at the top.
 Again great bones just not a fan of the floral  pattern. Garage sale find $4.00.

I think that this was a hand thrown clay pot. You can tell by the finger marks on the side of it. Nice shape and spout.
 Kind of reminds me of Demi Moore in Ghost where she sits and molds a clay pot. I paid a $1.00 for it at a garage sale.

Another pot with a great shape. This pot has wire and metal grape leaves wrapped around it. $1.00 at a garage sale.

Actually I might not paint this one. It looks like wood, but I am not sure. I paid .25cents at a garage sale.

Last one of my pots that I want to paint is this white one with a rope design. Another .25 cent find at a garage sale.
  Well, what do you think of my pots? Which ones or one do you like and what color would you paint them?
Let me know and tell me if you have ever painted pots before. Thank You for looking. Humble Abode
                                                                                                                           




















No comments:

Post a Comment